Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Boddingtons

If you are ever looking for a good English pale ale check out Boddingtons.  These pint cans of pub ale goodness are available most everywhere since InBev bought it back a few years.  I have only seen these packaged in 4 pint cans with the distinct yellow and black can making it hard to miss.  

I am a fan of draft beer.  There is nothing that makes my heart race with joy as a bartender filling a glass pint full of suds from a tap.  Truly a wonderful thing.  If you want a tap taste in a can, Boddingtons does a great job with this beauty installing a DRAUGHTFLOW widget into each can.  When you pop the top, the widget releases the carbonation and gives the beer a great head.  Word to the wise, make sure you have your glass at the ready for pouring as this can will start to overflow quickly. 

Good taste to this beer.  A slight bitterness lends to the drinkability but doesn't overpower you.  It's almost like drinking a glass of iced tea.  Very low in alcohol content, 3.5ABV, Boddingtons allows for long nights of darts and snooker with friends without getting too snookered.  It's pure English ale at it's best.  I've never seen this on tap at any bar, but consdering the area that I live, that isn't surprising.  The one caveat with this brew is the price.  At almost $8 for 4 pint cans, it is a little pricey, especially if you are going for long bouts of drinking.  I would imagine the price on tap would be better if you can find it, but I'm not holding my breath for my area.  As far as pairing this with food, any pub food would be grand with this.  It's thirst quenching abilities will truly come in handy with the wings, red meat, and salty snacks found in most bars.

    
Beer tastes better in bibs!

No comments:

Post a Comment