Tuesday, November 30, 2010

New Kid in Town

Kid Rock has supplied us all with some great music over the years.  What makes him think that he can make beer?  I don't know, but I think whomever is brewing the beer for Kid is doing a great job.  I tried the BadAss Lager over the weekend and I think there is a lot more going on than Kid Rock's name.  I understand the marketing scheme and I was really hesitant to try this beer.  However, I dug in and went for broke.  To tell you the truth I was not  dissapointed.  A lot of decent flavor coming through that really surprised me.  Think Miller High Life with a big twist.  There is nothing here that is fancy.  It's straight up brew that hasn't been infused with horseradish, beets, tomatoes, or pineapple.

When I was a kid and my did would have me go run for beers for he and his friends, he would always let me take a sip out of the bottle.  This is what this beer reminds me of.  It's beer and nothing more.

Sometimes that is all you need.

Cheers,



Mack

1 comment:

  1. This tasty lager is brewed by Michigan Brewing Co. (MBC) in Webberville -- 6 miles from where I grew up. Kid Rock sponsored a brewing contest, amongst a number of Michigan breweries, to create a beer he could personally call his own. MBC eventually won the contest, as a result of K. Rock personally taste-testing each beer! Once again, the homegrown MI boy comes through and proudly supports his own. I agree this is not a fancy beer -- never intended to be. Overall, I give it a thumbs-up for a refreshingly crisp and tasty lager -- especially good on sunny, hot summer days.

    ReplyDelete