Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Keewanaw Brewing Company

Okay folks,

Beer in a can.  Who likes it?  Actually I'm giving two thumbs down to beer in a can.  I've never liked beer in a can.  It has a funny taste, it usually means macro brewed stuff.  However, a lot of the breweries out there are putting their stuff in a can on purpose.  Quite honestly, I don't understand why they would other than the price issue.  I'm sure aluminum is cheaper than glass and much easier to recycle.  Going forward with what the high brow group wants me to believe is a fine alternative to glass, I tried the Keewanaw Brewing Company Pick Axe Blonde today.  I'm telling you that I wish they had put it in glass.

The lightness of the brew is seen in a pint glass.  However, the taste is true aluminum.  I don't know whether it is just me thinking that all cans are shit or not, but I think this beer was robbed.  I would love to see it in a glass bottle and try it there or possibly from the tap.  The can gives me too many bad vibes of cheap tasteless beer to really appreciate it.  It does have a taste of the can which turns me off in a major way.  Every time I raise the can to my lips I am thinking that I have a Bud Light.  Yecchhh!  Look, I know what I am getting into when I get a Bud Light or a Miller High Life in a can.  I expect it, I know it, and I will pay appropriately for it.  When I go to a small time micro brew and pay the extra $, I expect something different.  I expect a beer that, although may not be to my taste approval, I see there is something going on that I can appreciate.

My rating on Keewanaw Brewing Co. is to get your product in some glass and we'll see what it does for me then.  I think there are some good things that are going on, but the taste of a can spoils it.

Enjoy the picture of Johnny Cash.  

Drink well my friends,

Mack

No comments:

Post a Comment